Captain Avery Museum

Address: 1418 East West Shady Side Road, Shady Side, MD 20764

Phone: (410) 867-4486 | Presenter

Things to Do | Museums

About Captain Avery Museum

The Museum is the circa 1859 historic waterman's home of Captain Salem Avery and his family. This National Historic Landmark is where we collect, preserve and share local Chesapeake history and the stories of our families. The Museum is a center for our community to have fun together, celebrating the culture of the Bay-past, present, and future. Hours of Operation Museum: Sundays, 1 - 4 pm. Open from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in November (or December 1, if that is a Sunday). The museum is closed on Easter Sunday and any other holidays that fall on a Sunday. Library: Mondays, 12 - 3 pm year round, except around Christmas. To verify that we are open, call 410-867-4486. Outdoor Exhibits: every day, dawn to dusk

Attraction

General

- Family Friendly

- Pet Friendly

- Reservation Recommended

Onsite

- Group Tours Available

- Outdoor Picnic Area (covered)

- Private Tours Available

- Restrooms Onsite


General

Accessibility

- Wheelchair

Transportation

- Bus Parking

- Free Parking


Tea with the Sugar Plum Fairy and Nutcracker Prince
Captain Avery Museum

Tea with the Sugar Plum Fairy and Nutcracker Prince

December 3, 2017

Shady Side's Captain Avery Museum and Edgewater’s National Ballet Company invite children--and children-at-heart---to the Captain Avery Museum for an afternoon with their favorite characters from The Nutcracker ballet. The Sugar Plum Fairy will read the classic holiday story and then join other costumed characters to perform a mini-ballet. The characters will mingle with the audience for tea, sandwiches, sweets, and photo ops. For ages 5 and up. Reservations required at captainaverymuseum.org or 410-867-4486.