Why not cross off three great cities while visiting Annapolis?
A short drive away, Baltimore, Annapolis, and Washington D.C. offer a great, three-day travel experience. Fly into BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport from anywhere in the country, and get your trip started.
- Start your trip in Baltimore, checking out the sites at the famed Inner Harbor.
- Check out the National Aquarium.
- Stop by Fort McHenry, a national monument and historic shrine which played an integral role in defending the Baltimore Harbor from British invasion during the War of 1812.
- Squeeze in a helicopter tour with Monumental Helicopters, which takes you over Baltimore and your next stop, Annapolis, for an aerial view of the United States Naval Academy and Historic Downtown.
- Stay the night at one of the many great hotel options in the Annapolis-Baltimore region, maybe hitting Arundel Mills for dinner, shopping, gaming, and entertainment.
- Book a room for the night at one of our many full-service hotels, B&Bs, or alternative lodging options before hitting the city. Packed with history, art, and on-the-water activities, there's no shortage of things to do in Annapolis.
- Check out the historic buildings, taking a tour and learning about life in Annapolis during the 18th-century.
- Learn to paddleboard in the Annapolis Harbor.
- Rent a kayak.
- Take a tour of the United States Naval Academy, with or without a guide.
- Wander through the Maryland State House, America's oldest in continuous use. (Valid ID required.)
- Grab dinner and enjoy live music before enjoying a nightcap and heading back to the hotel.
- Have breakfast or brunch in the morning and head to DC.
- Walk the National Mall, checking out the Capitol building, the Washington Monument, the Smithsonian Institution Museums.
- Stroll through the National Zoo.
- Hop on a duck tour for a unique, aquatic tour and views of DC.
Featured Partnersview full directory
U.S. Naval Academy Welcome Center
Visit the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD to see where future officers are educated and trained. The “yard,” as the lush ...
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is an international airport serving the Baltimore–Washington Metrop...
Live! Casino & Hotel
Live! Casino & Hotel is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country, located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor, just off I-95...